Galle is a beach city around 120 km south of Colombo city. The Galle Dutch fortress is one of the main highlight of the city. There are plenty of different attractions are there around the city. It is advisable to have an early start of the day as there are many exciting list of sites to cover during the day.
Madhu River boat Safari
On the way to Galle, we will be having a short break to have a river journey through Madhu River. This is one of the ideal place to experience wet land environment where this river has 64 islands. We will be visiting few of these islands during our ride. (tour cost included)
Part of the southern beach of Sri Lanka is known for Sea Turtle eggs laying areas. Many types of Turtles comes to this beech passing thousands of kilo meters to lay the eggs annually. There are five types of sea turtles out of 7 in the world can be seen in this area. We will be visiting a turtle hatchery, which helps protecting these special animal. (Entry tickets included).
Blue Moonstone Mine visit
Moonstones are found in many places of the world. However the Blue moonstones are unique to northern Galle area. We will be able to see an active moonstone mine on our way to Galle. (visit cost included in package).
Galle Dutch Fortress
The history records that the coastal areas of Sri Lanka including Galle, was under control of Portuguese, Dutch & then with British since 16th century. The world famous Gall fortress have been built by the Portuguese in the 17th century. All requirements of a city is included within high walls of the fortress attracts many tourists. The view of the sea from the view points are beautiful. The fort itself a live museum for those who loves to experience the Dutch architecture.
Mask Museum of Galle
On our way back we will be passing the sub town Ambalangoda which is specialized on wooden puppets & mask making. This is related to the traditional Sri Lankan psychology based medicinal system in the past. You will also be able to see how the masks & wood crafts are finished through local technicians.
Summary of contents
Surely this will be a memorable day in your holidays.
• Entry tickets for the all above sites are included in the package.
• You will be travelling in an AC car or a van with an English speaking chauffer who will explain you the sites.
• All hiway charges & parking fees included.
• Our chauffer will direct you to recommended lunch & other stops for your hygiene.
• The pick-up time can be advised upon understanding your hotel.
• Your investment on the package will be approx. US$ 60 per head but could be finalized based on your pick-up hotel & the number of heads for the journey. Please inquire for more details.