Galle is a beach city around 120 km south of Colombo city. The Galle Dutch fortress is one of the main highlight of the city. There are plenty of different attractions are there around the city. It is advisable to have an early start of the day as there are many exciting list of sites to cover during the first day.
Madhu River boat Safari
On the way to Galle, we will be having a short break to have a river journey through Madhu River. This is one of the ideal place to experience wet land environment where this river has 64 islands. We will be visiting few of these islands during our ride. (tour cost included)
Part of the southern beach of Sri Lanka is known for Sea Turtle eggs laying areas. Many types of Turtles comes to this beech passing thousands of kilo meters to lay the eggs annually. There are five types of sea turtles out of 7 in the world can be seen in this area. We will be visiting a turtle hatchery, which helps protecting these special animal. (Entry tickets included).
Blue Moonstone Mine visit
Moonstones are found in many places of the world. However the Blue moonstones are unique to northern Galle area. We will be able to see an active moonstone mine on our way to Galle. (visit cost included in package).
Galle Dutch Fortress
The history records that the coastal areas of Sri Lanka including Galle, was under control of Portuguese, Dutch & then with British since 16th century. The world famous Gall fortress have been built by the Portuguese in the 17th century. All requirements of a city is included within high walls of the fortress attracts many tourists. The view of the sea from the view points are beautiful. The fort itself a live museum for those who loves to experience the Dutch architecture.
The world biggest blow whole is located in the coastal line closer to Tangalle town which is on the way from Galle to Yala National park. With a 5 minutes ‘walk we could reach to the point. You could experience the blow of sea water flashes to the sky through the rocks. (Entry tickets included)
Reach to a closer town to the Yala National Park by the evening & overnight stay at Tissa town.
Yala National Park - Safari
Start the day around 5.00 am. The park is in the south eastern costal beach of the country in the dry zone. The park is the home for many wild life such as Leopards, Elephants, Bear, Dear & many birds. You will be provided a separate four wheel drive jeep along with an experienced safari driver.
By noon you will start the return the journey towards your home hotel.
Summary of contents
Surely this will be a memorable day in your holidays.
• Entry tickets for the all above sites are included in the package.
• You will be travelling in an AC car or a van with an English speaking chauffer who will explain you the sites.
• All HI way charges & parking fees included.
• Overnight stay at hotel on Bed & breakfast basis. Hotel Blue turtle, Hotel Chandrika or similar based on availability by the booking date.
• Our chauffer will direct you to recommended lunch & other stops for your hygiene.
• The pick-up time can be advised upon understanding your hotel.
• Your investment on the package will be approx. US$ 195 per head but could be finalized based on your pick-up hotel & the number of heads for the journey. Please inquire for more details.